Halifax Dandelion Festival
Dandelions are the original home-grown, DIY, local, non-corporate, uncultivated anarchist of the plant world. Sprayed, dug poisoned and trampled, defamed, debunked and scorned, they rise up relentlessly. They are the first abundant edible in earliest spring—no greenhouse, no plastic! They turn fields from green to gold, fill the breeze with plumed DIY seeds. Fall-dug roots make a coffee substitute that is diuretic, gives you potassium and cleans your liver. For free!
Dandelion Festival 2010: May 1st-8th
is a creation of the Grainery Food Co-op. This year the schedule includes:
- Mayday -- Sat. May 1st
- Pancake brunch -- Sunday May 2nd, 11:30am
(at the Grainery, 2385 Agricola St.)
- Pasta Making & cooking -- Wednesday May 5th, 6:30pm
with Moonfire Organic Farm (at the Union Mission Kitchen, 2107 Brunswick St.)
- Weed walk -- Thursday May 6th, 6:00pm
with Jen Stotland (starting at the George Dixon horseshoe courts, 2501 Gottingen St.)
- Fermentation workshop -- Friday May 7th, 6:00pm
mead & ginger beer with Jocelyne & Natalia (at the Grainery, 2385 Agricola St.)
- Dandelion Festival Celebration! -- Saturday May 8th
Dandelion Festival Celebration
Saturday, May 8th 3:30-8:00pm
at the George Dixon Centre, 2501 Gottingen St.
- potluck with Dandelion foods
- information tables & activities
- children's games
- live music & entertainment - Moonshine Ramblers at 7pm!
- open mic for poetry, music and stories
- free, donations appreciated!
Join our event on Facebook!
It's time to start loving Dandelions!
Last year's information